Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wake up to your voice!

"Water water everywhere,not a drop to drink."




Samuel Taylor Coleridge in his poem, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner ,wrote these lines ,years back.The poem, though full of indirect hits at the supernatural,was liked by one and all.




I happened to recollect these lines ,when leading a retired life ,with abundant time in my hands.But,I am also in the same situation of the sailors in Coleridge's Ancient Mariner.They were surrounded by water ,yet did not have a drop to drink as it was the sea which was all around them and their ship was stranded in the middle . Yes ,I am free ,but no time for anything!How does that sound?Crazy,isn't it?But that's what is happening.When I take up a book ,either the phone tinkles or its the doorbell.Yes ,everyone knows that I am a teacher turned housewife now,so lots of people to drop in to chit chat or gossip.Or my maid decides to take a day off since I am at home and will be able to do some housework!How I wish I could retrace my steps to that busy schedule which I followed for twenty years!




So I decide to do some writing ,specially when its a hobby I always loved but found no time.Here again ,time slips out of my hand but I am determined not to give in.My blogs stand testimony to this!What more motivation do I need when my blogs are read and appreciated by my former students.?

1 comment: